A First For Online Custom Packaging Design
The Interactive Design Platform (IDP), named and designed by “Pakko”, has been designed to be the first of its kind in Australia to allow people whose knowledge about custom packaging may be limited to select, design and get quotes for their packaging almost INSTANTANEOUSLY. The intent is to change and make the experience of procuring packaging much more pleasant and simple.
The IDP consists of the printing industry, the packaging industry, graphic design and the modern world of user experience. The SOON to launch IDP is all about reinventing the way customers interact and deal with manufacturers.
Custom packaging has just been simplified; we’re connecting customers with custom packaging in a few simple clicks. Customers can custom design their own packaging in 3D and in real-time and have it dispatched in 12 days or less. That means designing your box in a blink of an eye.
No technical skills required, real-time 3D previews, 100% user friendly, no minimum order, no waiting time, and best of all – Instant quotes!
“Our mission is to bring creativity and colour into every box and make it meaningful in every experience.”
All designs can be done via our interactive design platform, or in the future, download the keyline and, when ready, upload it to preview it in 3D. Pakko’s got a packaging solution for every brand; we’ve tailored it to be easy, accessible and affordable for all businesses.
How The IDP Changes Manufacturing
The Traditional & Current Process with purchasing packaging
The traditional and current process from start to end currently follows the below process generally:
- Reach out to the packaging company to get a quote – (1 day)
- Advise packaging company your packaging specifications; this could take up to (3 days) as the manufacture will require all this information
- What is the dimension of the box (L x W x D)
- What is the weight of the product
- Does it require printing
- Do you have a preference in materials
- Quantities required
- Have a budget to achieve
- Can you send artwork, if any
- Lead times you need it by
- Wait for the packaging company to provide you with a quote (5 days)
- Once the quote is received, but something isn’t quite right, or you want to make an adjustment. The person quoting you will need to go back to step 2 (1 day)
- Once your happy with the quote and accept it, then the designer needs to produce the keyline and provide the keyline to you, to add artwork and get approval (2 to 5 days)
- You re-send the keyline with artwork back to the packaging company for approval and commence production
The IDP has been developed to condense this tedious, long & expensive process to only a fraction of the time and cost before it gets into production and the features it has is second to none. The IDP allows you to
- Select your own box type from the range that is available
- Insert your dimension (L x W x D)
- Visually see your packaging in 3D, which you can orbit all around and even open and close your packaging from a flat sheet to a box.
- Have the ability to add designs to your packaging on the IDP. Then, work on your design in real-time and see what the finished product will look like before you even get a quote.
- Instantly get a quote with numerous quantities available for you to select from
- Upload your own fonts to keep your brand image consistent and about you!
- Choose your preferred quantity and hit ORDER
All this can be done in 1 DAY before we get into production, where we will examine and make sure it will come out perfectly! Compared to the traditional/current method, which could take in excess of 2 WEEKS
What This Means
The world is changing, and we are in a generation where we want things instantly. Pakko has listened, and we are COMING SOON to meet the people’s demand and not only change how the industry operates but make the experience much more simple and pleasant for everyone!